Kids! The smiles, the laughter, the energy, and the excitement to learn about God. All this and more is offered with the various children’s programs here at WHBC!
Children's Programs - Click Links for Event Info[hide]
- ALIVE! – Large group, small group, activities, and Bible memorization.
- ABC Clubs – Ministering through year-round outreach in the schools!
- Children’s Church – Children’s level “church” on Sunday mornings.
- Nursery – Providing a safe haven of love and care for the little ones.
- Sunday School – Classes for all ages every Sunday Morning(Postponed until Fall)
- Christmas Program – Presented each December by children from preschool to 6th grade.
- Vacation Bible School – A week of fun and growing in Christ each summer.
“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light”
1 Peter 2:9
- For Ages Pre-K through 5th Grade
- Meetings are held Wednesday evening from September to May from 6:15 p.m. to 7:55 pm (with verses being said from 6:00-6:15 pm.)
- REMINDER: If Baraboo schools are closed, there will be NO ALIVE!
ALIVE! PRE-K uses the AWANA Cubbies program for 3 and 4-year-olds who are fully potty trained and at least 3 by September 1. We will be capping the class at 25; others will be placed on a waiting list.
ALIVE! K-5TH GRADE uses the “Elements” curriculum from D6 (Deuteronomy 6). “Elements” is a large group/small group format curriculum designed to help kids learn the essential building blocks they need to become spiritual champions for Christ It uses monthly topics that are both personally relevant and biblically sound. More information about the curriculum may be found here https://d6family.com/elements/
ALIVE! Forms and Information:
- ALIVE! Kickoff Parent Letter and Information
- Alive Paper Registration
- ALIVE! K-5 Calendar (2019-2020) — updated 8/5/2019
- ALIVE! Pre-K Cubbie Calendar (2019-2020) — updated 8/5/2019
- Cubbie Bathroom Assistance Permission Form
- For WHBC Alive! Program Information, contact Jim & Ginny Maziarka
Deaconate Leader: Kyoko Archibald
ABC (After-school Bible Club) exists during the school year to provide solid and fun after-school Bible events for children and youth.
For elementary age, we offer a club on Tuesdays at Al Behrman from 3:00-4:45pm in the gym. Although this is the only school we are working in right now, kids from East school and GLW school are welcome to come. Parents can either give them a ride or you can contact Kyoko to arrange a ride for your child.
Any questions? Contact Kyoko.Back to Top
Ages 3 years – 8th Grade
Our Mission Statement
Vacation Bible School at Walnut Hill Bible Church is centered on sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ in a safe and fun environment with children of all ages, but particularly for 3 years through 8th grade. We do this through sound Biblical teaching that is presented in engaging and relevant ways. VBS is a ministry that not only enriches the faith of the children who are in our church family but through it, we seek to reach out into the community with God’s love and hospitality throughout the week of VBS as well as through follow-up in the weeks after. VBS also includes a service aspect every year where children are encouraged to care for other ministries or individuals in need. VBS also provides ministry opportunities for adults in the Walnut Hill church family doing a variety of service by working with children and other adults.
“Concrete and Cranes: Building on the love of Jesus”
DATE CHANGE: August 3rd-7th
“During VBS, students and adults will discover that Jesus’ love provides a foundation that will last. When the storms of life come, they’ll need the One who will be with them to the end of the age. When anxiety sets in, they’ll need the assurance that true worth comes from being a child of God, not from what other people think about them. When they feel unworthy, they can remember that Jesus loved them enough to die for them. They’ll learn to be wise builders who continue in what they’ve learned and firmly believe. And they will discover that He who began a good work will be faithful to carry it on to completion.”
The VBS Motto:
The VBS Scripture: Philippians 1:6
“I am sure of this, that he who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.” (CSB)
Day 1: Foundation of Love
Day 2: Foundation of Forgiveness
Day 3: Foundation of Worth
Day 4: Foundation of Promise
Day 5: Foundation for Life
Free CD of music for each family that registers!
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Hackbarth.Back to Top
Usually the Sunday before Christmas
Cookie Reception follows
Ages for the program are Children’s Sunday School Classes 2 years – 6th grade. The preschoolers usually do a short presentation in the beginning, the children’s choir sings, and Kindergarten through 6th grade do the formal musical.
Preschoolers learn their program in their Sunday School classes and rehearse during 11:00 children’s church in December. Older kids learn the songs in Children’s church and at home, with a CD you will be given after you sign up. We have rehearsals for the musical portion of the program during the 11:00 worship service in December.
Questions? Please contact Mary Hackbarth.Back to Top
Age 3 years – 1st Grade
Deaconate Leader: Mary Hackbarth
During this time apart, we have 2 options
for online children’s church
I encourage you to spend this worship time with your kids. Talk about it using the parent’s guide and grow in faith together!
- Worship Service – Option 1 – From FaithKidz, this option is a 5-week series called “ALL IN”. This is great for elementary age kids, though little ones may enjoy it as well. Below, you will find the links to each week as they are provided:
- Worship Service – Option 2 – From Kidology, this option is a 4-week series called “RISE: Discovering Jesus”. This uses puppets and is best for pre-k through 1st grade, although older kids may enjoy it. Below, you will find the links to each week as they are provided. Though the video link looks like it is not working due to a glitch, it actually is working:
Age newborn through 2 years of age
The nursery is provided for parents to feel at peace as they leave their young ones in the hands of loving nurturers and take part in a worship service and/or Sunday School. Our nursery workers are all “Safe Child Approved” and love caring for these little ones.
We have a computerized check-in process for children. Nametags containing name and a randomly generated barcode are placed on the children, and parents receive a tag containing a corresponding code that is to be shown when the child is picked up. Parent’s cell phone numbers are printed on the nametags as well and are used if a parent is needed in the nursery (diaper change, feeding, crying/sick child) while in worship service or Sunday School.
Deaconate leader: Theresa OlsonBack to Top
Our Sunday School program at Walnut Hill Bible Church is devoted to providing an environment where students of all ages can become more closely acquainted with the Savior and the Scriptures. Dedicated Sunday School teachers provide unique learning experiences using a mixture of a curriculum for our children’s classes including God’s Unfolding Story, DiscipleLand, What’s in the Bible, and D6 Gen2. Sunday School meets from 9:45 to 10:45 am.
Postponed Until Fall of 2020
Deaconate Leader: Karen Head
|Nursery||218, 219||See Nursery Schedule|
|Toddlers (2 years)||220||Becky Chapman/Kari Davidson|
|Pre-School (3 years)||111-113||Ashley Russ/Grace and Clara Gunderson|
|Pre-School (4 years)||109||Lindsey Muscanero|
|Kindergarten||104||Dean and Brenda David|
|1st Grade||102||Allison Hanusa|
|2nd Grade||105||Carol Aslesen|
|3rd Grade||107||Gayle Hoege|
|4th Grade||115||Coty and Steve Bare|
|5th & 6th Grade||101-103||Christy Saiia|
Back to Top