Kids! The smiles, the laughter, the energy, and the excitement to learn about God. All this and more is offered with the various children’s programs here at WHBC!
Children's Programs - Click Links for Event Info[hide]
- AWANA – Games, Fellowship, and Bible Memorization.
- ABC Clubs / CEF – Ministering through year-round outreach in the schools!
- Children’s Church – Children’s level “church” on Sunday mornings.
- Nursery – Providing a safe haven of love and care for the little ones.
- Sunday School – Classes for all ages every Sunday Morning
- Christmas Program – Presented each December by children from preschool to 6th grade.
- Vacation Bible School – A week of fun and growing in Christ each summer.
- Building Faith @ Home – Helping parents and children grow together in their faith.
Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed (2 Timothy 2:15)
- For Ages Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade
- Meetings are held Wednesday evening from September to May from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 pm (with verses being said from 6:15-6:30 pm.)
- REMINDER: If Baraboo schools are closed, there will be NO Awana or Cubbies.
What is Awana?
For nearly 60 years, Awana has been the leader in children’s ministry, equipping churches and parents to raise kids who know, love and serve Christ! We help equip youth to face spiritual and moral challenges today and to lead in the home, church, and community tomorrow. Awana is the only organization with fully integrated evangelism and discipleship programs for ages Pre-K to 18 years of age that actively involve parents, church leaders, and mentors. Each week, more than a million children and youth, 250,000 volunteers and 300-plus field staff take part in Awana in over 17,000 churches in the U.S. and internationally.
There will be NO Drop-In Registration this year.
Or pick up forms at the church and return with check to the church office.
Awana Forms and Information:
- AWANA_Registration Form (2018-2019, pdf)
- AWANA CALENDAR Club Year 2018-2019 — updated 10/18/2018
- AWANA Cubbie Calendar (2018-2019, pdf) — updated 8/1/2018
- AWANA FEES (2018-2019, pdf)
- AWANA T&T Calendar (2018-2019, pdf) — updated 8/1/18
- AWANA Bathroom Assistance Permission Form
- Additional Information on AWANA Website
- For WHBC Awana Information, contact Jim & Ginny Maziarka
What Happens at Awana at Walnut Hill?
- 6:15-6:30 – NEW! Listening Time for any clubber who has memorized a verse(s) and is ready to recite to one of our volunteer “Listeners” waiting in Hebrews -by the kitchen. (PLEASE NOTE: Verses will no longer be recited or checked off during classroom lesson time.)
- 6:15-6:30 – Check in for Sparks, T&T and Trek.
- Sparks and T&T: Must be checked in by 6:30 SHARP! and have their book, uniform and tennis shoes on to earn an extra ticket for a chance to win a prize at the end of the night. Cubbies do not need to check in and can go straight to their classrooms.
- Trek: Must be checked in by 6:30 SHARP! and go straight to their classroom for teacher instructions.
- 6:30-6:40 – Pledges, Prayer, and Announcements (all).
- 6:40-7:05 – Small Group Time. Clubbers receive a lesson along with open discussion each week from their Awana Leaders. Memory verses should be worked on at home (additional assistance will be available from Club volunteers) and recited prior to Club Time in the “Listener Area.” Each clubber is encouraged to finish one book per year. Clubbers earn “Awana Bucks” for completing sections that can be spent in the Awana Store.
- 7:05-7:30 – Large Group Time. Large Group Leader shares a Bible message with life application.
- 7:15 – Trek Small Group Time
- 7:30-7:55 – Gym Time. FUN in the gym playing non-competitive Awana games!
- 7:55-8:00 – Clubbers receive awards for verses completed. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR CHILD PROMPTLY IN HIS/HER SMALL GROUP ROOM at 8 p.m.
Deaconate Leader: Kyoko Archibald
ABC (After-school Bible Club) exists during the school year to provide solid and fun after-school Bible events for children and youth.
For elementary age, we offer a club on Tuesdays at Al Behrman from 3:00-4:45pm in the gym. Although this is the only school we are working in right now, kids from East school and GLW school are welcome to come. Parents can either give them a ride or you can contact Kyoko to arrange a ride for your child.
Any questions? Contact Kyoko.Back to Top
Ages 3 years – 8th Grade
Our Mission Statement
Vacation Bible School at Walnut Hill Bible Church is centered on sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ in a safe and fun environment with children of all ages, but particularly for 3 years through 8th grade. We do this through sound Biblical teaching that is presented in engaging and relevant ways. VBS is a ministry that not only enriches the faith of the children who are in our church family but through it, we seek to reach out into the community with God’s love and hospitality throughout the week of VBS as well as through follow-up in the weeks after. VBS also includes a service aspect every year where children are encouraged to care for other ministries or individuals in need. VBS also provides ministry opportunities for adults in the Walnut Hill church family doing a variety of service by working with children and other adults.
We had a great year and look forward to
the year ahead of us!
Be watching for the announcement of our
theme and dates for 2019!
June 25-29, 2018
Game On: Gearing up for Life’s Big Game
LifeWay’s 2018 VBS invites your kids to grab their megaphones, lace up their cleats, and tune up
their instruments. As they fill up the offensive line, sideline, and drumline, your players,
cheerleaders, and band members will realize God has given them His ultimate
playbook. He wants them to join His team, train hard, celebrate salvation,
and encourage one another. Get in the spirit today!
The VBS Motto:
The VBS Scripture: 2 Peter 1:3
“His divine power has given us everything required for life and godliness through the
knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.”
Day 1: Jesus Cares About Me
Day 2: Jesus Gives Me Hope
Day 3: Jesus Helps Me Believe
Day 4: Jesus Loves Me
Day 5: Jesus Gives Me Joy
Online Pre-Registration now closed.
Come and register at VBS!
Links to Songs Videos:
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Hackbarth.Back to Top
Sunday, December 23rd
Cookie Reception follows
Ages for the program are Children’s Sunday School Classes 2 years – 6th grade. The preschoolers will have a short presentation in the beginning, the children’s choir will sing, and Kindergarten through 6th grade do the formal musical.
Preschoolers learn their program in their Sunday School classes. Older kids learn the songs in Children’s church and at home, with a CD you will be given after you sign up. We will be having rehearsals for the musical portion of the program during the 11:00 worship service in December
Sign your child up by filling out a registration form found at the kid central desk and turning it in there or to Mary.
Questions? Please contact Mary Hackbarth.Back to Top
Age 3 years – 5th Grade
Deaconate Leader: Mary Hackbarth
- Worship Service I – 8:00 am to 9:15 am
Teacher: Heather Suemnicht/Mary Hackbarth
In Children’s Church, we strive to help the kids experience and learn about the stories of the Bible. We do this through videos like SuperBook which teaches kids about our Biblical history as modern-day children go back in time to experience stories from the Bible and see how they can apply to their own lives. This, along with singing, prayer, object lessons and snack make a great time of worshiping and growing in the faith.
- Fellowship Time – 9:15 am to 9:45 am
- Sunday School for all ages – 9:45am to 10:45am
Deaconate Leader for Children’s Sunday School: Steve Hackbarth
- Ages newborn – 2 years meet upstairs
- Ages 3 years – 6th grade meet downstairs
- Worship Service II – 11:00 am to 12:15 pm
Teacher: Mary Hackbarth
In Children’s Church, we strive to help the kids experience and learn about the stories of the Bible. We do this through videos like SuperBook which teaches kids about our Biblical history as modern-day children go back in time to experience stories from the Bible and see how they can apply to their own lives. This, along with singing, prayer, object lessons and snack make a great time of worshiping and growing in the faith. In this service, preschool children will come together in the large group for songs but will go to a different area for videos that are even more geared toward their age.
Back to Top
Age newborn through 2 years of age
The nursery is provided for parents to feel at peace as they leave their young ones in the hands of loving nurturers and take part in a worship service and/or Sunday School. Our nursery workers are all “Safe Child Approved” and love caring for these little ones.
We have pagers for the nursery when cell phones are not available. When parents drop off their child in the nursery, they will be given a pager and the coordinating number will be noted on the nursery roll. If a parent is needed in the nursery (diaper change, feeding, crying/sick child), their pager will vibrate notifying them they need to report to the nursery. This ensures a quick relay to the parent without a noisy interruption to worship service or Sunday school.
Deaconate leader: Mary HackbarthBack to Top
Our Sunday School program at Walnut Hill Bible Church is devoted to providing an environment where students of all ages can become closer acquainted with the Savior and the Scriptures. Dedicated Sunday School teachers provide unique learning experiences using a mixture of curriculum for our children’s classes including God’s Unfolding Story, DiscipleLand, What’s in the Bible, and D6 Gen2.
Deaconate Leader: Steve Hackbarth
|Nursery||218, 219||See Nursery Schedule|
|Toddlers (2 years)||220||Becky Chapman/Brian Hawkins|
|Pre-School (3 years)||111-113||Christy Weidenbenner|
|Pre-School (4 years)||109||Lindsey Muscanero|
|Kindergarten||104||Deano and Brenda David|
|1st Grade||102||John and Courtney Haggard|
|2nd Grade||105||Allison Hanusa|
|3rd Grade||107||Gayle Hoege|
|4th Grade||115||Mabel Fisk|
|5th & 6th Grade||101-103||Christy Saiia|
|7th – 12th Grade||See Youth Ministries|
Back to Top