Kids! The smiles, the laughter, the energy, and the excitement to learn about God. All this and more is offered with the various children’s programs here at WHBC!
Children's Programs - Click Links for Event Info[hide]
- AWANA – Games, Fellowship, and Bible Memorization.
- ABC Clubs – Ministering through year-round outreach in the schools!
- Children’s Church – Children’s level “church” on Sunday mornings.
- Nursery – Providing a safe haven of love and care for the little ones.
- Sunday School – Classes for all ages every Sunday Morning
- Christmas Program – Presented each December by children from preschool to 6th grade.
- Vacation Bible School – A week of fun and growing in Christ each summer.
- Building Faith @ Home – Helping parents and children grow together in their faith.
Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed (2 Timothy 2:15)
- For Ages Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade
- Meetings are held Wednesday evening from September to May from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 pm (with verses being said from 6:15-6:30 pm.)
- REMINDER: If Baraboo schools are closed, there will be NO Awana or Cubbies.
What is Awana?
For nearly 60 years, Awana has been the leader in children’s ministry, equipping churches and parents to raise kids who know, love and serve Christ! We help equip youth to face spiritual and moral challenges today and to lead in the home, church, and community tomorrow. Awana is the only organization with fully integrated evangelism and discipleship programs for ages Pre-K to 18 years of age that actively involve parents, church leaders, and mentors. Each week, more than a million children and youth, 250,000 volunteers and 300-plus field staff take part in Awana in over 17,000 churches in the U.S. and internationally.
There will be NO Drop-In Registration this year.
Or pick up forms at the church and return with check to the church office.
Awana Forms and Information:
- AWANA_Registration Form (2018-2019, pdf)
- AWANA CALENDAR Club Year 2018-2019 updated 1.29 — updated 1/29/2019
- AWANA Cubbie Calendar (2018-2019, pdf) — updated 8/1/2018
- AWANA FEES (2018-2019, pdf)
- T&T Book Calendar 2018_2019.updated 1.29 — updated 1/29/2019
- AWANA Bathroom Assistance Permission Form
- Additional Information on AWANA Website
- For WHBC Awana Information, contact Jim & Ginny Maziarka
What Happens at Awana at Walnut Hill?
- 6:15-6:30 – NEW! Listening Time for any clubber who has memorized a verse(s) and is ready to recite to one of our volunteer “Listeners” waiting in Hebrews -by the kitchen. (PLEASE NOTE: Verses will no longer be recited or checked off during classroom lesson time.)
- 6:15-6:30 – Check in for Sparks, T&T and Trek.
- Sparks and T&T: Must be checked in by 6:30 SHARP! and have their book, uniform and tennis shoes on to earn an extra ticket for a chance to win a prize at the end of the night. Cubbies do not need to check in and can go straight to their classrooms.
- Trek: Must be checked in by 6:30 SHARP! and go straight to their classroom for teacher instructions.
- 6:30-6:40 – Pledges, Prayer, and Announcements (all).
- 6:40-7:05 – Small Group Time. Clubbers receive a lesson along with open discussion each week from their Awana Leaders. Memory verses should be worked on at home (additional assistance will be available from Club volunteers) and recited prior to Club Time in the “Listener Area.” Each clubber is encouraged to finish one book per year. Clubbers earn “Awana Bucks” for completing sections that can be spent in the Awana Store.
- 7:05-7:30 – Large Group Time. Large Group Leader shares a Bible message with life application.
- 7:15 – Trek Small Group Time
- 7:30-7:55 – Gym Time. FUN in the gym playing non-competitive Awana games!
- 7:55-8:00 – Clubbers receive awards for verses completed. PLEASE PICK UP YOUR CHILD PROMPTLY IN HIS/HER SMALL GROUP ROOM at 8 p.m.
Deaconate Leader: Kyoko Archibald
ABC (After-school Bible Club) exists during the school year to provide solid and fun after-school Bible events for children and youth.
For elementary age, we offer a club on Tuesdays at Al Behrman from 3:00-4:45pm in the gym. Although this is the only school we are working in right now, kids from East school and GLW school are welcome to come. Parents can either give them a ride or you can contact Kyoko to arrange a ride for your child.
Any questions? Contact Kyoko.Back to Top
Ages 3 years – 8th Grade
Our Mission Statement
Vacation Bible School at Walnut Hill Bible Church is centered on sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ in a safe and fun environment with children of all ages, but particularly for 3 years through 8th grade. We do this through sound Biblical teaching that is presented in engaging and relevant ways. VBS is a ministry that not only enriches the faith of the children who are in our church family but through it, we seek to reach out into the community with God’s love and hospitality throughout the week of VBS as well as through follow-up in the weeks after. VBS also includes a service aspect every year where children are encouraged to care for other ministries or individuals in need. VBS also provides ministry opportunities for adults in the Walnut Hill church family doing a variety of service by working with children and other adults.
“In the Wild: Amazing Encounters with Jesus”
“This summer, kids will focus in on some amazing, real-life encounters with Jesus. Each encounter is like a snapshot – a specific moment in time captured on the pages of Scripture. Through VBS,
kids will discover that each snapshot of Jesus is an opportunity to respond to the gospel.
And when put together, these isolated encounters clearly reveal the most amazing truth of all –
Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God, and by believing we can have life in His name.
Are you ready for an up close and personal encounter with Jesus?
The adventure of a lifetime awaits!”
The VBS Motto:
The VBS Scripture: John 20:31
“But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God,
and that by believing you may have life in his name.”
Day 1: Encounter in the temple
Day 2: Encounter at the river
Day 3: Encounter on the water
Day 4: Encounter at the tomb
Day 5: Encounter on the road
Free CD of music for each family that registers!
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Hackbarth.Back to Top
Generally the Sunday before Christmas
Cookie Reception follows
Ages for the program are Children’s Sunday School Classes 2 years – 6th grade. The preschoolers will have a short presentation in the beginning, the children’s choir will sing, and Kindergarten through 6th grade do the formal musical.
Preschoolers learn their program in their Sunday School classes. Older kids learn the songs in Children’s church and at home, with a CD you will be given after you sign up. We will be having rehearsals for the musical portion of the program during the 11:00 worship service in December
Sign your child up by filling out a registration form found at the kid central desk and turning it in there or to Mary.
Questions? Please contact Mary Hackbarth.Back to Top
Age 3 years – 5th Grade
Deaconate Leader: Mary Hackbarth
- Worship Service I – 8:00 am to 9:15 am
Teacher: Heather Suemnicht/Mary Hackbarth
In Children’s Church, we strive to help the kids experience and learn about the Bible. We do this through videos like Superbook which has animated versions of many Bible stories and the Mr. Phil Show where kids learn facts about the Bible as well as delve into the Bible individual books. This, along with singing, prayer, object lessons and snack make a great time of worshiping and growing in the faith.
- Fellowship Time – 9:15 am to 9:45 am
- Sunday School for all ages – 9:45am to 10:45am
Deaconate Leader for Children’s Sunday School: Steve Hackbarth
- Ages newborn – 2 years meet upstairs
- Ages 3 years – 6th grade meet downstairs
- Worship Service II – 11:00 am to 12:15 pm
Teacher: Mary Hackbarth
In Children’s Church, we strive to help the kids experience and learn about the stories of the Bible. We do this through videos like Superbook which has animated versions of many Bible stories and the Mr. Phil Show where kids learn facts about the Bible as well as delve into the Bible individual books. This, along with singing, prayer, object lessons and snack make a great time of worshiping and growing in the faith. In this service, preschool children will come together in the large group for songs but will go to a different area for videos that are even more geared toward their age.
Back to Top
Age newborn through 2 years of age
The nursery is provided for parents to feel at peace as they leave their young ones in the hands of loving nurturers and take part in a worship service and/or Sunday School. Our nursery workers are all “Safe Child Approved” and love caring for these little ones.
We have pagers for the nursery when cell phones are not available. When parents drop off their child in the nursery, they will be given a pager and the coordinating number will be noted on the nursery roll. If a parent is needed in the nursery (diaper change, feeding, crying/sick child), their pager will vibrate notifying them they need to report to the nursery. This ensures a quick relay to the parent without a noisy interruption to worship service or Sunday school.
Deaconate leader: Mary HackbarthBack to Top
Our Sunday School program at Walnut Hill Bible Church is devoted to providing an environment where students of all ages can become closer acquainted with the Savior and the Scriptures. Dedicated Sunday School teachers provide unique learning experiences using a mixture of curriculum for our children’s classes including God’s Unfolding Story, DiscipleLand, What’s in the Bible, and D6 Gen2.
Deaconate Leader: Steve Hackbarth
|Nursery||218, 219||See Nursery Schedule|
|Toddlers (2 years)||220||Becky Chapman/Brian Hawkins/Jolene Soerfass|
|Pre-School (3 years)||111-113||Lequeta and Glen Bicknell|
|Pre-School (4 years)||109||Alechia Hoeltke|
|Kindergarten||104||Denise and Bill Wenzel|
|1st Grade||102||Deb Paape|
|2nd Grade||105||Elyse Dyer|
|3rd Grade||107||Gary Schaning|
|4th Grade||115||Coty and Steve Bare|
|5th & 6th Grade||101-103||Christy Saiia|
Back to Top